Re: Ann: GtkCanvas 0.1

On Mon, 24 Jul 2000, Andy Tai wrote:

> It can also serve as a stepping stone to facilitate moving the canvas into gtk+,
> although this is up to the gtk+ maintainers.

we won't "move" (incorporate is probably a better word) the canvas into gtk+,
unless we have the explicit permission to do so from its main authors, i.e.
federico mena quintero (and he just expressed objection to that plan on
gnome-hackers) and raph levien. also, since the canvas comes with an addtional
libart_lgpl dependancy, we probably won't seriously consider the move untill
there are other reasons besides the canvas for gtk to introduce that extra
dependancy.

---
ciaoTJ