GDKDrawablePrivate -WTF?!

PMJI, perhaps I've just stumbled in at the wrong time.  I downloaded the
latest from the CVS a couple of nights ago and it appears to me that *no*
non-X11 platform would make.  I have read Havoc's note in the ChangeLog
where he says

2000-06-14  Havoc Pennington  <hp@redhat.com>
	 * gdk/gdkprivate.h: Remove GDK_IS_WINDOW, GDK_IS_PIXMAP,
	 GDK_DRAWABLE_DESTROYED. Add GDK_WINDOW_DESTROYED. Replace
	 GDK_DRAWABLE_TYPE with GDK_WINDOW_TYPE. Remove GdkDrawablePrivate,
	 GdkWindowPrivate, GdkImageClass, GdkImagePrivate, GdkGCPrivate,
	 GdkColormapPrivate.

to which I can only comment "Whew!"

Looking at linux-fb, nanox, win32 and X11, it appears that only X11 has no
lingering references to GdkDrawablePrivate, and that the struct itself is no
longer declared anywhere.  Am I right about this?

It appears that this is a pretty significant architecture change which the
"ports" have not yet tracked, yes?  So, (1) is this all written down
somewhere, and (2) what could I do to contribute to the win32 port?

Regards,
Scott