Re: Patch: "sticky" tooltips (again)

Dan Winship <danw@helixcode.com> writes:
> What I think would be really cool is if toolbar tooltips appeared in
> the status bar right away (like menu tooltips do). Is there any reason
> they don't/couldn't?

Well, GTK has no mechanism for menu tooltips at all, so that's the
main reason. It doesn't know where your statusbar is or anything.

Maybe we could have:
  gtk_tooltips_set_statusbar (GtkTooltips  *tooltips,
                              GtkStatusbar *statusbar);

Where the statusbar passed in here will show the tooltips. However I
don't know if it makes sense to gtk_widget_set_tip() on a GtkMenuItem,
maybe it does.

Havoc