Re: glib and dmalloc

On Tue, 18 Jul 2000, Patrik Sundberg wrote:

> hi,
>
> the dmalloc support in glib seems broken (at least in 1.2.8 which I am
> using) and after reading the archieves I can see some patches to make it
> works, but also some people wanting to remove the support altogether.
>
> so, will support be added correctly again or removed in future releases? I
> for one like the idea of easy dmalloc integration (dmalloc being the best
> tool I have used this far for memory debugging).

well, if enough people say they'd like to keep using dmalloc support in
2.0, and maybe someone sends in a patch to get glib to work with recent
dmalloc version, that'd be a strong hint for us to _not_ remove dmalloc
support in our development tree.
(so far, there haven't been indications that the dmalloc support in glib
is actually used)

> --
> Patrik Sundberg  -  email: ps@raditex.se || ps@radiac.mine.nu
> ---> telefon: 013-178 567  -  mobiltelefon: 070-760 22 40 <---

---
ciaoTJ