Re: [UNSTABLE] GTK+ and GLib 1.3.1 released

Owen Taylor wrote:

> What's new
> ==========
>
> Overview of Changes in GTK+ 1.3.1:

You forgot buffered drawing, didn't you? That's quite a major improvement.

A few problems I spotted while trying to get Glade working:

 o Someone has already mentioned that pango looks for glib-config rather
   than glib-config-2.0.
   It also uses AM_PATH_GLIB rather than AM_PATH_GLIB_2_0.

   I don't understand why it is using both methods as well.
   I suspect the part using glib-config should just be removed.

 o gtkaspectframe.h:

     GtkBinClass parent_class;

   should be:

     GtkFrameClass parent_class;

 o Changes-2.0.txt should possible include:

   GtkColorSelection - the policy field has been removed.
   (_set_update_policy() may as well be removed if we're breaking it!)

   gtkfeatures.h - has been removed.

   GtkEntry - visible field has moved to parent GtkEditable class.

   gdk_pixmap_colormap_create_from_xpm_d() will now return NULL for the
   mask if there are no transparent pixels in the pixmap.

   GtkProgressBar - doesn't seem to create the GtkAdjustment automatically
   like 1.2 did. Though I couldn't see where it was created in 1.2
   (was it because it was a 'construct' arg?)

 o gtkframe.h: the _get_label() function needs to be declared/sorted out.

I had problems with the font selection (showing the wrong fonts)
and combining gtk_widget_set_uposition() with
gtk_window_set_default_size/gtk_widget_set_usize() (showing the window the
wrong size). I'll look into those a bit more.

I got Glade running with 1.3.1 in a few hours. I'll upload it (or a patch)
somewhere if anyone wants to use it to test 1.3.1 a bit.

Damon

PS. demo/pixbuf-demo is cool!