Re: gdk-pixbuf and multi-page images

La plume légère, à Sat, Jul 08, 2000 at 07:29:52PM -0400, heure d'inpiration,
Federico Mena Quintero écrivait en ces mots:

> Multi-page images are generally evil hacks.  I guess you could tuck
> them into a GdkPixbufAnimation.

I'll have a look tonight. One question though, is gdk-pixbuf 8 sufficiently
up-to-date or should I download the stuff from CVS. In the latter case,
should I download the whole gtk repository or is gdk-pixbuf still a separate
active module ?

> I don't know if color images with less than 8 bits per channel are
> very useful.  What would be genuinely useful is to add support for
> grayscale images.  Contributions on this side would be greatly
> appreciated.

If you consider that losing 3000Ko of memory for a high-res fax page is not so bad, then
no its completely useless. ;-) (a typical high-res, letter format, fax image covers a
1700x2100 pixel area; 8bit image = 3570000 bytes; 1 bit image = 446250b;
difference is 3123750 b).
Personnally I vote for memory conservation.

>   Federico

Wolfgang
--
A chicken is an egg's way of producing more eggs.