Re: gdk-pixbuf and multi-page images

Wolfgang Sourdeau <wolfgang@ultim.net> writes:

> Is there a plan to include support for multi-page images
> in gdk-pixbuf before version 1 is released ?
>
> Also, what about less than 8 bit support ?

gdk-pixbuf as currently released can't break source or binary
compatibility. The gdk-pixbuf now in GTK 2.0 can break source/binary
compatibility for the next few weeks maybe, but not after that; this
one in GTK 2.0 will be the frozen one for GNOME 2.0. So in effect,
even if a gdk-pixbuf numbered 1.0 exists, it has to be source/binary
compatible with the gdk-pixbuf that came out with GNOME 1.2. If it
isn't, 1.0 will not be part of the GNOME platform ever.

Anyway, in effect, the answer to your question is, "this support will
go in if we get patches to GTK HEAD within the next couple weeks."
I don't know of anyone currently planning to implement it.

We can add new image loaders such as tiff-f I guess without breaking
compatibility, if someone wants to write those at a later time maybe
they could go in.

Havoc