Re: GLIB_CHECK_VERSION (was: Glib rand() function)

> > 	I want to use this in my code:
> >
> > if (GLIB_CHECK_VERSION (1, 3, 0))
> > 	[...use g_rand()...]
> > else
> > 	[...use rand()...]
>
> Derek, you should know that 1.3 isn't supposed to be used in apps
> yet... you can use AM_PATH_GLIB(1.4.0) for this.

	1) What does AM_PATH_GLIB do, and where is it defined?  Note:

[dereks@localhost glib-1.2.6]$ grep AM_PATH_GLIB *.h *.c
[dereks@localhost glib-1.2.6]$

	2) This isn't going into an application, per se.  It's going into
a new data type that (I believe) will be generally useful.  When it's done
(and I have some application code to demonstrate its usefulness) I will
submit it for possible inclusion into Glib.  Is GLIB_CHECK_VERSION still
inappropriate?

Thanks,
Derek Simkowiak
dereks@kd-dev.com