Announce : the GLM

Hi Lords,

I'm happy to announce the birth of the GLM newsletter,
where GLM stands for "GTK Mainling Lists". See the
edito below for more informations.

The GLM has its official home on
http://logout.free.fr/gtk-glm/index.html.

Next issue will be available on the 1st week or
March 2000.

(gtk-list (GL), gtk-devel-list (GDL) and gtk-app-devel-list (GADL)).

This file is distributed under the term of the BSD license
(see http://logout.free.fr/misc/m-license.html). It is NOT a
part of the GTK project and is NOT supported by the
GTK team.

Finnaly, just to quote Karl Nelson (one of the base GTK--
team member) : "Projects have short collective memories and
people are often too busy to continously keep up with the
development. Digging back three months to find that something
was discussed in 2 messages here and 4 messages there is
an act in futility."
======================================

Issue 2000-01 of the GLM contains :

1. Edito
2. News from the GTK+ Lists
  2.1 Announces
3. Discussions
  3.1 A new GtkText on the road fo 1.4
  3.2 Clean C++ vs light wrappers
  3.3 Def files proposal for 1.4
  3.4 GUIs for common nix utilities
4. Proposals/update to the FAQ
  4.1 How do I reparent a widget?
  4.2 How could I get any widget position? (update)
  4.3 How do I set the size of a widget/window?
  How do I prevent the user resizing my window? (update)
5. Programming GTK+
  5.1 Setting a window full screen or maximized
6. Misc

Hope this is of interest!

Emmanuel