Re: Another defs file draft

Marius Vollmer <mvo@zagadka.ping.de> wrote

> [...module extension stripped...]
> (module-end)
>
> Set the current module name to the one active before the last
> `module' statement.  (This should of course act like a stack).

May be it's a bit too much contextual. IIRC Havoc stated that he
wanted something easy to parse, may be not that human readable, and in
this case either the current proposed solution (submodule-of ...)  or
your one without the "current module context" (ie just the raw (a b c)
form), does the job.

> [...lots of things stripped...]
> I think the `c-name' should really be "GdkPixmap*" (maybe with quotes)

Having defs name and C names separated somehow looks like a good idea
to me, may be it'll save some conflict and ugly names later on. Having
C names always quoted (as string) does the trick, then we just have to
pick a consistent notation for defs names (may be with "-" all lower
case a la lisp).

Another point to address might be of interest for the multi-language
issue is that typically some useful C stuff has no link name (aka C
macros), and it forces creators of non-C/preprocessor language
bindings to write a thin wrapper. For example the Ada binding has a 3k
SLOC C file that provides those, I assume other language bindings have
something very similar.

Note that I have very limited experience with GTK, and may be it shows
here ;-).

--LG