Creating new widgets with gtk2.0

There has been lots of discussion lately about GtkArgs/propertys and the
new signal
system used in glib/gtk+.

Now I am asking you guys:

If I am writing a new widget for Gtk 2.0 is this the correct way to write
it!?

Use g_param_* instead of gtkarg
Use g_signal_new* instead of gtk_signal_new*

Reason I am asking is latest changelog from CVS:

2000-12-14  Havoc Pennington  <hp redhat com>
52              	* gtk/gtkobject.c (gtk_object_add_arg_type): add
G_TYPE_POINTER
53              	here until boxed is working (and maybe after that -
we should
54              	really not gratuitously break old code)
55
56              	* gtk/gtktexttag.c (gtk_text_tag_class_init): add
commented-out
57              	specific types for font_desc and tabs args, move
them to
58              	GTK_TYPE_POINTER for now, waiting on
g_param_spec_boxed() to get
59              	fixed. Move GdkColor args to GTK_TYPE_POINTER also.
60

shouldn't the g_param_* be used here instead of the old
gtk_object_add_arg_type?

Sorry if am ask stuppid questions :-))

Greats

MH.