Re: none

On 13 Dec 2000, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> Tim Janik <timj gtk org> writes:

> I don't get it. Why is it better for authors of apps and higher level
> libraries to each make up their own "destroy" signal than to put it in
> GObject? I think destroy notification for non-GUI objects is going to
> be needed fairly frequently.

i doubt that. the purpose of ::destroy is to break inter-object links
nowadays, which is also why it can be emitted multiple times on objects and
has nothing to do with the object going dead anymore.
for non-GUI objects, proper ref-counting (without floating-hassle) usually
gets you what you want, what do you need explicit destroy_this_object()
fucntions for?

> Or should we instead add GDestroyNotifyingObject?
>
>  - Maciej

---
ciaoTJ