Re: [PATCH] glib/gmem.c patch
- From: Tim Janik <timj gtk org>
- To: Art Haas <arthur haas westerngeco com>
- Cc: Gtk+ Developers <gtk-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] glib/gmem.c patch
- Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 11:36:16 +0100 (CET)
On Mon, 4 Dec 2000, Art Haas wrote:
> If glib is configured with `--enable-mem-check', g_free() never calls
> free(). The below patch moves the free() call outside the #ifdef, and
> takes a stab at not bombing if the pointer would be freed more than once.
> The patch is against 1.3.2, but the code is basically the same in 1.2.8.
not calling free() for --enable-mem-check is intentional.
> Perhaps this could go into 1.2.9? It might close of couple of bugs
> pertaining to memory leaks listed in the gnome-bug page.
i doubt that, if someone knows about --enable-mem-check, he'll pretty quickly
figure that _all_ memory of his program is leaked ;)
] [Thread Prev