Re: gerror.c revisited

<dom@recoil.org> writes:
> I disagree.  Runtime errors should be handled (and there's no excuse for not
> handling them with the GError methods).  If it is a program ending problem,
> a dialog should appear instead of a message to stderr.

Remember that GLib is used in nongraphical apps. (Even with graphical
apps, some failures such as "can't connect to display" can't go to a
dialog.)

But yes, in general GError is intended to increase the number of error
dialogs in GTK+ applications. For example, its use in gexec.h should
mean that panel launchers won't silently fail.

Havoc