Re: possible bug: clist column double click

On Tue, 29 Aug 2000, Michael L Torrie wrote:

> I've noticed this problem in other apps too.  There are probably
> workarounds, but the sawmill popup boxes sometimes will do it too (not
> even a double click.)  It may have to do with how X handles the mouse
> events.

 As for problem with popping up  modal dialog after doubleclicking in clist:
 clist has a pointer grab, so popped dialog is not sensitive. Solution is to
 register once-run idle function that will create modal dialog. This approach
 should work for other cases.

> Michael
>

> On Tue, 29 Aug 2000, Evan Martin wrote:
>
> > This is very minor, but...
> >
> > GTK Version: 1.2.8
> > Current (working) behavior: double clicking an item in this CList pops
> > up a modal dialog.
> > To cause problem: when the mouse is over the column separator, and the
> > cursor is the double arrow, double click.
> > Problem: program is no longer responsive.  Mouse is grabbed, so it is
> > unusable until the program is stopped.
> > Workaround: use window manager keys to switch to the terminal the
> > program was ran from, and CTL-C.
> >
> > It's probably producible under different circumstances, too.
> > Ideally, you'd detect (in your button_press_event handler) that they
> > weren't clicking on an actual item, but I don't know how that could be
> > done.
> > I don't know if this is really a bug, but it's probably worth noting.

 Best regards,
  -Vlad