Re: gerror.c revisited

On Tue, 29 Aug 2000, Sebastian Wilhelmi wrote:

> * I would very much like to see a function
>   g_print_error (GError **err, gboolean fatal), that prints out the error in
>   some canonical form and does abort, if fatal is true. Or two functions, one
>   for error, one for warning (without abort).

printing doesn't scale, if i invoke an external command via g_exec() due
to user request, i want to be able to display state in a dialog and not
have the report vanish in some 2>/dev/null device. (and for the overly-clever
dudes: i don't want to have to install a g_log() handler just for this either)
so there has to at least be a generic stringification variant that isn't
tied to clever code "knowing" already where to put my message.

(if the above sounds sarcastic, that's not intended. i prolly just need
some sleep now ;)

> Bye,
> Sebastian

---