Submenu navigation status?

Howdy folks. Back in June Nils Barth wrote a patch for the menu code that
implemented improved submenu navigation. In early July, I made some
modifications according to the email exchanged between Nils and Owen, and
submitted a patch. I never got any email about it and I haven't seen any
discussion of this feature on the list since then, and so I am wondering
if this feature is no longer intended for this version of GTK+?

Thanks,
   David