Re: scrolling and child widgets

> As you may know, GTK does not work this way (widgets sometimes don't
> have any windows, or several of them) and all my attempts so far
> produce zillions of unnecessary expose and draw events.

I'm not sure were exactly you get the additional expose and redraw
events (for the background or for the windows `on top' of it?), but
for the Mnemonic browser, we have been reasonably successful using a
Gtk_Layout widget with a background pixmap attached to it. You can get
the source throuh http://www.mnemonic.org (it's in the
mnemonic-lib-gtklayout module).

By the way, if your web browser example was not just an example but
actually describes your project, I'd be interested to know more about
it.

Kasper