CList glitch

Hi!

I'm developing a small application (it's a dictionary for translating
words from one language to another) and discovered a problem with
CList widget. It's *very* slow on big list of words. When I fill it
with some thousand words, it is fast (it takes only a fraction of
a second to fill), but when I fill it with contents of the entire
dictionary (50 thousand words approx.) it takes some minutes to fill.
Seems there is a design flaw somewhere in memory management system,
isn't it? The problem was discovered with gtk 1.2.3 and exists in 1.2.6.
Can something be done about that? I want user to be able to view all
dictionary at once, and now seems it can't be done.

Leon.