Re: Coming proposal (was: Window Manager compliance)

"Michael Rogers" <> writes:
> >6) Task-list  (showing what apps are running)
> I'd like to keep this optional, otherwise we are tied to the Gnome pager. I
> wouldn't like any parts of Gnome other than the desktop manager and session
> manager to be "required", and the pager is still buggy. I also don't
> consider window lists to be part of Gnome's job - I think they fall to the
> window manager.

Wouldn't it be possible for the window manager to detect te presence
of the gnome pager and avoid showing up a taskbar if it is there?  I
guess that would be an elegant way to solve the problem.

M. S.
Martin A. Soto J.                           Profesor
Departamento de Ingenieria de Sistemas y Computacion
Universidad de los Andes