Re: External event loop for glib?

Actually, it's rather easy to tie glib into an existing event-loop
already.

My only problem right now is the NT version. I guess I'll have to code
something that uses threads for that.

This code is from the pike GTK module (Unix code), similar code should
work with your own back-end:

static void backend_callback()
{
  while(g_main_iteration( 0 ));
}

void socket_ready_callback(int fd, void *f)
{
  g_main_iteration(1);
}

void init_gtk_backend_callbacks()
{
  add_backend_callback( backend_callback, 0, 0);
  set_read_callback( ConnectionNumber(GDK_DISPLAY())
                     socket_ready_callback, NULL );
}

Now for something totally different:

  Some of the 'anoncvs.gnome.org' server are not actually up to date,
  if you do cvs update using the anoncvs.gnome.org you sometimes get
  rather old sources, and sometimes the new sources.

  I have currently hard coded the server to 130.239.18.155 in my
  /etc/hosts.

  130.239.18.151 gives versions of glib and gtk from 990210, 12 days
  old code.

--
Per Hedbor                                              http://per.hedbor.org/