Re: Splay trees

On Sat, Mar 20, 1999 at 09:52:03PM -0500, Jeff Garzik wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Mar 1999, Josh MacDonald wrote:
> > Would it be possible to merge the implementation of Splay trees with
> > the other balanced tree implementation in glib, since they share so
> > much?  I think this should not be accepted until then.
>
> That would be nice, as I would like to add red-black trees to Glib.

Wouldn't it be more important to optimize the current AVL
implementation a bit?  I haven't compared times, but I think you can
save a lot by doing things iteratively instead of recursively.  OTOH,
people who really want effecient balanced trees can use libavl (
http://www.msu.edu/user/pfaffben/avl/ ) instead.

--
Simon Kågedal <sika8225@csd.uu.se> - Homepage: http://www.sdf.se/~simon/