Re: embedded gtk

GLIB should be fine without an X server, so should GTK actually -- it never
calls any X functions (if it does, only a couple), always calls GDK stuff.
The guys designed it well in that respect in the first place.  However a
good deal of GDK will have to be rewritten.  A lot of functionality will
simply have to be tossed, there's a lot of windowing stuff that you'd have
to get rid of.  I'm not positive how you'd handle multiple windows or
anything.  The GDK draw functions would be fairly easy to rewrite in
SVGAlib or something like that, draw line, draw rectangle, etc.  You'd have
to provide XPM functionality (which wouldn't be too difficult).   All in
all it looks like a somewhat large project but not too difficult, depending
on how much windowing functionality you'd need.

Jim