Re: g_get_any_init change

Havoc Pennington <hp@Mcs.Net> writes:

> Can someone please do this or give me the OK? All my apps are segfaulting
> on startup, I see 1.1.14 is in the ChangeLog, and it is a really trivial
> change. Just s/bufsize = 1/bufsize = 2/ seems to be fine.

Hmmm, I thought that had been resolved... I guess I
wasn't paying enough attention and letting other
people handle it.

But, I really think we should have some idea of why
this is happening before we start randomly changing
numbers.

In a recent post Michael Lausch said:

=====
the getpwuid_r() function in glibc-2.0.7-19 doens not honor the
bufsize parameter and scribbles all over the memory.

the following patch corrects this, although im a bit uncertain about
====

He changed the bufsize from 1 to sizeof (struct passwd). I
don't know if this is the correct interpretation.

The 1.1.14 tarballs have already been made and are
on the ftp site, so if this needs to be fixed, it will
be 1.1.15.