Re: glib: g_get_any_init() bug fix

Hi, Elliot

> Here's a patch for you enthusiastic patch appliers that accounts for the
> fact that the POSIX getpwuid_r does not return errno, but merely an
> error indicator.

I've changed it again. Now it should work for both varaiants, because both
exist. Isn't the unix world mad sometimes....

That brings me to an idea:

In different libs (like gtk+, gnome-libs, etc.) there are quite many uses
of getpwuid, getpwnam, etc. If they (or more accurate their _r
counterparts) all behave in the same unportable way, we might be better
of, including some thread safe g_getpwuid() functions into glib. But I
know, that this will make the Win32 porters unhappy and the beholders of
the feature freeze.... but that comes to my TODO for glib 1.3.

Bye,
Sebastian

--
Sebastian Wilhelmi                   |            här ovanför alla molnen
mailto:wilhelmi@ira.uka.de           |      är himmlen så förunerligt blå