Re: some TODO for 1.2:

Owen Taylor wrote:

> Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@pobox.com> writes:
>
> > On Tue, 19 Jan 1999, Tomas Ogren wrote:
> > > On 19 January, 1999 - Sebastian Wilhelmi sent me these 2.5K bytes:
>
> Can you provide details of this?

Yes, in part, they seem to be binary incompatible (also their .mo files),
but as it turned out, I can simply fully remove gnu gettext and get
everything (almost) working, see below.

> Looking at the man pages for Solaris 2.6 on http://docs.sun.com,
> the prototypes for bindtextdomain(), gettext(), and dgettext()
> look identical to those for GNU gettext and the invocation
> of msgfmt looks compatible.

Yes, that works now.

But the .mo file is constantly looked for in the wrong place, i.e
with truss (like strace on linux) I found out, that

/usr/local/share/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/gtk+.mo

is the place gtk (or gettext) expects this file, but it is installed to

/usr/local/lib/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/gtk+.mo

The reasons, this is done, are evident yada yada, but how can I make it
work without copying a whole lot of stuff.

Bye,
Sebastian
--
Sebastian Wilhelmi                   |            här ovanför alla molnen
mailto:wilhelmi@ira.uka.de           |      är himmlen så förunerligt blå