Re: clist/notebook bug?

Elliot Turner wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I noticed some strange behaivor with gtk+-1.1.12 in relation to CLists and
> NoteBooks.
>
> I have a notebook widget with several pages, one of which contains a
> GtkCList as it's child.
>
> I use gtk_signal_connect() to connect a signal handler function to the clist
> to handle the signal "select_row".  inside this handler function, I check to
> see if the event is a GDK_2BUTTON_PRESS.. if it is, i call
> gtk_notebook_set_page() to switch the currently active page of the parent
> notebook.
>
> This results in most of the application becoming unresponsive to any mouse
> clicks.  The notebook is still responsive, (it seems like all parent widgets
> of the clist which got the GDK_2BUTTON_CLICK are still responsive, but
> nothing else) but children widgets inside other notebook pages become
> completely unresponsive.

This seems to be the same problem I reported about the file selection dialog.
(If I hid the file dialog when a file is selected with a double-click, it
froze and I couldn't select any widgets.)

This may be due to the fact that X automatically releases a pointer grab if
a window is hidden, and the CList widget isn't taking this into account. (?)

Damon