Re: [Re: [XRegisterIMInstantiateCallback()]]

On 12 January, 1999 - Todd Dukes sent me these 1.3K bytes:

> gtk-devel-list-request@redhat.com wrote:
> > On 12 January, 1999 - Todd Dukes sent me these 1.0K bytes:

> > > I am on solaris. My solution has been to comment out
> > > the lines where you call XRegisterIMInstantiateCallback().
> >
> > Other stuff depends on XRegisterIMInstantiateCallback doing it's work..
> >
> Could you be a little less vague? Do you know what, even in
> general terms, depends on this call?

Well.. I'm not a master on this, but I guess that the current usage of
XIM pretty much depends on the callback working as expected... For
instance XOpenIM is called from within that callback...

And when that's not called, gdk uses xim stuff without being initialized
and gets funny 0x0 pointers all over the place to dereference..

/Tomas
--
Tomas Ögren, stric@ing.umu.se, http://www.ing.umu.se/~stric/
|- Student of Computer Science at the University of Umeå