Re: FEATURE FREEZE

Tim, I don't think you're palying fair, here: I sent the patch to
gtk-devel-list for comments at least two days before committing it.
If you had so many concerns you could have said them before...

On Mon, Jan 11, 1999 at 12:43:08PM +0000, Gnome CVS User wrote:
> CVSROOT:	/debian/home/gnomecvs
> Module name:	gtk+
> Changes by:	timj	99/01/11 12:43:08
>
> Modified files:
> 	.              : ChangeLog
> 	gtk            : gtktypeutils.c gtktypeutils.h
>
> Log message:
> Mon Jan 11 13:31:49 1999  Tim Janik  <timj@gtk.org>
>
> * gtk/gtktypeutils.[hc]: removed Paolo Molaro's type creation hooks
> again, since they 1) don't care about infinite recursion (likely
> to achive),

Well, I guess your implementation of
g_hook_list_marshal_check(GHookList*, gboolean may_recurse, ...);
doesn't work then as I call it with may_recorse = FALSE.
If you think someone could create a new type from within a
creation handler, that can be considered an appllication bug: it's
about the same limitation there is in your implemetation of the
signal emission hooks.

> 2) we are in feature freeze for 1.2. this definitely

Those are two small functions that don't affect other's code and that
enable us to more effectively use Gtk: it's the same difference
between polling (old behaviour) and select()ing.

> deserves a sane implementation in 1.3 though (but without a hook
> return value,

Please explain why you don't want that feature.

> without seq_id hackery and with recursion checks).

That code is a cut&paste from your implemetation of the signal
emission hooks: are you going to remove that also? I hope not.

lupus

--
"The number of UNIX installations has grown to 10, with more expected."
    - _The UNIX Programmer's Manual_, Second Edition, June, 1972.