[netscape.public.mozilla.gtk] Re: Problem with GLIB Configure

---------------------- begin forwarded message ------------------------
From: "Jerry L. Kirk" <Jerry_Kirk@Bigfoot.com>
Newsgroups: netscape.public.mozilla.gtk
Subject: Re: Problem with GLIB Configure
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 08:29:16 -0500

changing "fd_mask" to "fd_set" and re-running worked for me.
I sure hope it doesn't break someone else.

    Jerry

Raja R Harinath wrote in message ...
>"Jerry L. Kirk" <Jerry_Kirk@Bigfoot.com> writes:
>> When I run ./configure under QNX with the Watcom compiler it
>> incorrectly defines the NO_FD_SET variable. Under QNX the "fd_set"
>> structure is defined in sys/select.h instead of "sys/types.h" where
>> the script assumes it to be. Everything works fine if after I run
>> ./configure I go into the config.h file and remove the "#define
>> NO_FD_SET 1" What is the proper way to fix this?
>
>That's funny.  The configure check is there to make sure
>`sys/select.h' is looked into if `sys/types.h' doesn't define fd_set:
>i.e., to handle exactly the same case you have above:
>
>  # Check if <sys/select.h> needs to be included for fd_set
>  AC_MSG_CHECKING([for fd_set])
>  AC_TRY_COMPILE([#include <sys/types.h>],
>   [fd_set readMask, writeMask;], gtk_ok=yes, gtk_ok=no)
>  if test $gtk_ok = yes; then
>      AC_MSG_RESULT([yes, found in sys/types.h])
>  else
>      AC_HEADER_EGREP(fd_mask, sys/select.h, gtk_ok=yes)
>      if test $gtk_ok = yes; then
>   AC_DEFINE(HAVE_SYS_SELECT_H)
>   AC_MSG_RESULT([yes, found in sys/select.h])
>      else
>   AC_DEFINE(NO_FD_SET)
>   AC_MSG_RESULT(no)
>      fi
>  fi
>
>If QNX doesn't use fd_mask, or it defines it in a different header
>than `sys/select.h', that could explain the funny behaviour.  Can you
>do the following check:
>
>* edit the above snippet in glib/configure.in and replace the
>  `fd_mask' with `fd_set'.
>* rerun configure && ./config.status
>* check to see if NO_FD_SET is still set.
>
>- Hari

A quick grep of GLIB shows that `gmain.c' and `gerror.c' have typedefs
for `fd_mask', but it isn't used anywhere else.  Will anything break
if

1. I replace `fd_mask' with `fd_set' in the configure check
2. Remove the `fd_mask' typedefs

- Hari