Re: Gnome Mahjongg problem

On 07 February, 1999 - Lee Skinol sent me these 1.3K bytes:

> Here's one more problem I've run into.  The Gnome Mahjongg game
> (distributed in gnome-games versions 0.99.3 and below - I haven't
> checked 0.99.4 or higher) has a problem with every FVWM2 version
> I've tried.  When the game comes up, its "body" is mapped "directly"
> to the upper left of the screen.  A frame window appears on the
> screen, and can be moved, but the game itself stays put in the upper
> left.  The game also appears on all of the screen pages.
>
> This application seems to be Ok in several other popular WMs.
>
> If I kill FVWM2, and restart it while the game is running, it
> will "capture" the game window and work correctly.  It's only
> when the game starts after FVWM2 that the problem occurs.
>
> Lastly, when the game runs, FVWM2 2.1.5 gives me the following
> errors:
>
> [FVWM][FvwmErrorHandler]: <<ERROR>> *** internal error ***
> [FVWM][FvwmErrorHandler]: <<ERROR>> Request 1, Error 2, EventType: 20
> [FVWM][FvwmErrorHandler]: <<ERROR>> *** internal error ***
> [FVWM][FvwmErrorHandler]: <<ERROR>> Request 12, Error 2, EventType: 20

I just committed the fix (in mahjongg) into gnome-cvs...

I don't know why, but some apps needs to get the main window realized
manually.. Otherwise funky stuff happens... Not sure if it's only fvwm
or any other WM has the same problem..

Any Gtk-expert know?

/Tomas
--
Tomas Ögren, stric@ing.umu.se, http://www.ing.umu.se/~stric/
|- Student of Computer Science at the University of Umeå