Re: [gtk-list] Re: ./configure fails on Slackware Linux

Hi, David

> configure: warning: the 'g_get_(user_name|real_name|home_dir|tmp_dir)'
>   functions will not be MT-safe during their first call because
>   there is no 'getpwuid_r' on your system.
>
> I pass it along for whatever it's worth.
>
> Is this something I can correct?

No, but as you can see below, this link isn't a good idea. you should
configure with --disable-threads

> Is it related to the large disparity between the size of
> libpthread-0.7.so between Slackware 3.6 (2.0.35),
> and Redhat 5.2 (2.0.36)?  I.e. on Slackware:
>
> -rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root        49492 Oct 24 23:09
>	/lib/libpthread-0.7.so
>
> and on RedHat:
>
> -rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root       198784 Oct 13 04:37
>	/lib/libpthread-0.7.so
>
> I am, for political reasons, constrained to use Slackware at the moment,
> but am gathering ammunition (of which I already have a
> significant amount) for using RedHat.  Perhaps this is some more.
>
> Do you know the reason for this large disparity?

No idea, but the result show, that there is something wrong.

> Then make failed.  I pass along the output of make, for whatever it's
> worth.

<<snip>>

so your thread system is seriously broken, if at all existant, that is.

use --disable-threads

--
Sebastian Wilhelmi                   |            här ovanför alla molnen
mailto:wilhelmi@ira.uka.de           |      är himmlen så förunerligt blå