Re: Signal observations (was New 'GObject')

Karl Nelson <kenelson@ece.ucdavis.edu> writes:

> It seems like the two things "notification" and "handler" should
> be separated at least by convention if nothing else.  I would really
> like to have all the notifications named *_changed so that I know
> that those are that the widget already changed something and is telling
> me about it verses I haven't changed it yet something in it should
> do it.

Quick note: we do have a convention we use for new signals and it is a
lot more compact than sticking '_changed' on everthing. Notification
signals are in the past tense: "changed", "style_set" while signals
that that need to be handled to perform the action are in the
imperative "insert_text", "set_scroll_adjustments".