Re: New 'GObject' as base for GtkObject?

In the end, I think having the GTK_OBJECT()-style
casts be equivalent to C-style casts but w/ additional
checks is rather nice.

In a widget system, these costs might be bearable,
but in a general purpose object system they are more
questionable.

For example, in my server I have some places I've
replaced the expensive casts to the native casts b/c
they are called very frequently (e.g. in the GSourceFuncs functions).

In the end, my experiences with MI have been so negative (each time
I've gotten rid of it before finishing) that I have little
interest in these benefits for these costs.

(Interfaces, on the other hand, don't require making the casts
non-equivalent.)

- Dave