Re: GtkSCText (was: Timescale issues)

> I feel the method for determining syntax highlighting should be relegated to
> subclasses or aggregated code, but I think the basic mechanism of highlighting
> should be in the GtkText widget.

	The GtkText widget does (and will) have methods of setting the
color and font of the text you see on the screen.

	By syntax highlighting, I was referring to a system which includes
a lexical scanner, an algorithm for optimizing rescans, a syntax
definition file (with support for customized colors), and support for
different grammers (i.e., C-like grammer, markup language grammer, etc.).

--Derek