Re: New 'GObject' as base for GtkObject?

> > So do you think it is a reasonable thing to derive GtkObject
> > from BseObject (long long term)?
> >
> > - Dave
>
> What about building using your own object system ?
>
> You should at least get clear about what you specifically want
> out of GtkObject before you use it.
>
> bill

-  Because I'm already very familiar with Gtk's system,
   (i wrote the gtkobject and signal ref docs learning)
   and so are other people.

-  Because it is not an easy task.  To do it well would
   be way out of scope:  documentation and testing such a beast take
   time.

-  Because Gtk has most of the functionality I need except I'd
   like interfaces and plugins (class destruction).

What does gdam (my program) use of gtkobject et al:
	- signals
	- data lists
	- type-casting
And it is perfect for it.

I agree with Miguel:  it may be wordy to use, but it's actually
very convenient conceptually and is well-architected and tested.

- Dave