Re: New 'GObject' as base for GtkObject?
- From: Miguel de Icaza <miguel gnu org>
- To: gtk-devel-list redhat com
- CC: gtk-devel-list redhat com, recipient list not shown: ;
- Subject: Re: New 'GObject' as base for GtkObject?
- Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 07:41:22 -0600
> The other big half is that this OO system is *very* tedious to
> use. It's not part of the language, it's a syntactic
> convention. Therefore, a coder will use it only when literally forced
> to, but fall back to plain old structures and other C-isms at the drop
> of a hat.
Not really. I have grown to like a lot the GtkObject model even for
things that do not need Gtk+ at all.
] [Thread Prev