gdkpixmap extentions

I'm in need of a couple of extentions to gdkpixmap.c, and
I just want to know if anyone else would want them if I wrote
them.

I need to be able to create a pixmap from .xpm data that
is NOT in a file by itself. I want to be able to mmap that
file in, and parse it directly from memory, and also to
be able to just pass a "FILE *" in, with the offset at the
right place, and have the file parsed from there.

Whaddya think? Would these extentions be generally useful?

-Jeff Evarts