CVS glib libtool

The ltmain.sh and ltconfig in the CVS glib repository seem broken
on both Solaris and FreeBSD.  If I configure with --disable-shared
(as I prefer during development) then when the archive command arrives,
I see something like:

/bin/sh ./libtool --mode=link gcc -g -O2 -Wall  -o libglib.la -rpath /usr/local/
lib -version-info 3:0:0 -release 1.1 garray.lo gcache.lo gcompletion.lo gdataset
.lo gerror.lo ghash.lo glist.lo gmem.lo gmessages.lo gnode.lo gprimes.lo gslist.
lo gtimer.lo gtree.lo grel.lo gstring.lo gstrfuncs.lo gscanner.lo gutils.lo
rm -fr .libs/libglib.la .libs/libglib.* .libs/libglib-1.1.*
ar cru .libs/libglib.a
ar: no archive members specified

This happened on both systems.  Solaris silently doesn't produce an
archive and the problem shows up later.

-josh