Getting ready for 1.0.6

I've been working recently on putting together a release 1.0.6 of
GTK+. It is my hope that this will be the last 1.0.x release of GTK+,
so I'd like to make sure it is good enough to last to GTK+-1.2.

I'm looking for people to do two things:

 - Make sure that any bugs they know about that were
   fixed in the 1.1 branch are backported into the
   1.0 branch. (In cases where this is easily possible.
   It's not worth making major changes in 1.0 at this
   point.)

 - Test, test, test. If you maintain a program that
   compiles with 1.0, grab the current CVS, and see
   if your program works with it.

 (If there is sufficient demand, we can make up a pre-release tarball)

I've appended the post 1.0.5 part of the ChangeLog.  The more major
I've made recently have come in a few areas:

 - I've made some changes to try and make the fileselection
   work nicer with AFS and with amd.

 - I've integrated many Text widget fixes from the 1.1
   branch and come up with some new ones.

 - I've integrated XInput fixes from the 1.1 branch.

So I'd appreciate especially if those areas could be tested.

Thanks,
                                        Owen

===========

Mon Sep 14 14:28:24 1998  Owen Taylor  <otaylor@redhat.com>

	* gtk/gtktext.c (adjust_adj): Change the way we
	set the adjustments on resize so that it tries to
	keep the beginning of the text in approximately
	the same place.

	Removed assertion that the above change made invalid.

Thu Sep 10 22:19:35 1998  Owen Taylor  <otaylor@redhat.com>

	* gtk/gtktext.c: - Save first_cut_pixels when switching
	sizes, so that if we switch to the _same_ size,
	we don't move lines around.

	- Make sure that the text area always has a size of at
	least 1x1, then do all computations when realized.

        - When fetching lines in recompute_geometry, make
	sure we fetch enough lines to cover the screen.

Thu Aug 20 20:08:15 1998  Owen Taylor  <otaylor@redhat.com>

	* gtk/gtktext.c ([un]draw_cursor): Check to see if we've
	computed our geometry yet, and if not, ignore the request.

	* gtk/gtktext.c (correct_cache_insert): Fiddled around
	some more. All the bug-test codes seem to work at once
	now. (fingers crossed...)

Tue Aug 25 16:52:47 1998  Owen Taylor  <otaylor@redhat.com>

	* gtk/gtktext.c (recompute_geometry): Make sure the
	mark we pass to line start is the beginning of a
	real line, not a wrapped one.

Fri Sep 11 15:36:33 1998  Owen Taylor  <otaylor@redhat.com>

	* gdk/gdkinputgxi.h (gdk_input_gxi_grab_pointer): Hopefully
	now at least compiles again.

	* gdk/gdk.c (gdk_event_translate): Don't pass events
	on destroyed widgets to the gdk_input layer.

Sat Sep  5 16:01:19 1998  Owen Taylor  <otaylor@gtk.org>

	* gdk/gdkinputxfree.h gdk/gdk.c gdk/gdkinputgxi.h:
	When the pointer is grabbed on an input window,
	either explicitely, or through press-grab, and
	then grabbed on a non-input window, ungrab the
	devices.

Fri Sep 11 15:26:06 1998  Owen Taylor  <otaylor@redhat.com>

	* gdk/gdk.c (gdk_event_translate): Don't pass events
	for destroyed windows onto gdk_input layer.

Tue Sep  8 12:41:20 1998  Owen Taylor  <otaylor@redhat.com>

	* gtk/gtk[hv]paned.c: Use GDK_INVERT instead of GDK_XOR
	because we can't assume white pixel has any particular value.

Tue Sep  8 12:38:43 1998  Owen Taylor  <otaylor@redhat.com>

	* Call XFilterEvent() on events we get for unknown
        windows, since it may be the window Xlib uses to
	communicate with the IM.
	(From Yung-Ching Hsiao <yhsiao@cae.wisc.edu>)

Tue Sep  8 02:09:33 PDT 1998 Manish Singh <yosh@gimp.org>

	* configure.in: added -posix check for NeXTStep

Mon Sep  7 22:20:40 PDT 1998 Manish Singh <yosh@gimp.org>

	* configure.in: added -std1 check for ANSI compliance

Thu Aug 13 09:11:11 BST 1998  Tony Gale  <gale@gtk.org>

        * docs/gtk_tut.sgml:
          - Tidy up of the menufactory example from
            Andy Kahn <kahn@zk3.dec.com>
          - New section on Range Widgets from
            David Huggins-Daines <bn711@freenet.carleton.ca>
          - Started a new section on 'Advanced Event and Signal
            Handling' - used an email from Owen.
          - New appendix on Gdk Event Types
          - Added the tictactoe full example code to the
            'Code Examples' appendix
	* Add the range widgets example. Re-add the text and tree
	  examples, as cvs has lost them.

Tue Aug 11 20:52:58 1998  Tim Janik  <timj@gtk.org>

        * gtk/gtktypeutils.c (gtk_type_class_init): relookup nodes after
        external functions have been called. also relookup nodes after
        this function has been invoked.

Thu Aug  6 22:09:06 CDT 1998 Shawn T. Amundson <amundson@gtk.org>

	* docs/man: new directory for v1.0 man pages
	* docs/man/gtk.pod
	  docs/man/gtk_button.pod
	  docs/man/gtk_hbox.pod
	  docs/man/gtk_vbox.pod: Beginning of man pages

Tue Aug  4 10:59:19 1998  Owen Taylor  <otaylor@redhat.com>

	* gtk/gtktable.[ch]: Empty rows/columns of the table
        should not have been marked as being able to shrink.
	(Fixes problem with shrinking scrollbarless GIMP canvases)

Mon Aug  3 19:24:48 1998  Owen Taylor  <otaylor@redhat.com>

	* gtk/gtktext.c (gtk_text_forward_delete): Undraw the
	  cursor before (possibly) deleting the cursor's text
	  property.

	* gtk/gtktext.c (correct_cache_delete): More attempts
	  to clean the line-start cache up after inserting
	  a property. Among other things, make sure to
	  fix up text->current_line, since it is used to
	  refetch the changed lines.

Sun Aug 02 23:09:56 1998  George Lebl  <jirka@5z.com>

	* gtk/gtkclist.c: draw the buttons during a "draw" as well,
          this fixes a bug when the whole widget is made non-sesitive
          the buttons weren't redrawn