Getting ready for 1.0.6
- From: Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com>
- To: gtk-devel-list redhat com
- Subject: Getting ready for 1.0.6
- Date: 14 Sep 1998 14:53:44 -0400
I've been working recently on putting together a release 1.0.6 of
GTK+. It is my hope that this will be the last 1.0.x release of GTK+,
so I'd like to make sure it is good enough to last to GTK+-1.2.
I'm looking for people to do two things:
- Make sure that any bugs they know about that were
fixed in the 1.1 branch are backported into the
1.0 branch. (In cases where this is easily possible.
It's not worth making major changes in 1.0 at this
- Test, test, test. If you maintain a program that
compiles with 1.0, grab the current CVS, and see
if your program works with it.
(If there is sufficient demand, we can make up a pre-release tarball)
I've appended the post 1.0.5 part of the ChangeLog. The more major
I've made recently have come in a few areas:
- I've made some changes to try and make the fileselection
work nicer with AFS and with amd.
- I've integrated many Text widget fixes from the 1.1
branch and come up with some new ones.
- I've integrated XInput fixes from the 1.1 branch.
So I'd appreciate especially if those areas could be tested.
Mon Sep 14 14:28:24 1998 Owen Taylor <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* gtk/gtktext.c (adjust_adj): Change the way we
set the adjustments on resize so that it tries to
keep the beginning of the text in approximately
the same place.
Removed assertion that the above change made invalid.
Thu Sep 10 22:19:35 1998 Owen Taylor <email@example.com>
* gtk/gtktext.c: - Save first_cut_pixels when switching
sizes, so that if we switch to the _same_ size,
we don't move lines around.
- Make sure that the text area always has a size of at
least 1x1, then do all computations when realized.
- When fetching lines in recompute_geometry, make
sure we fetch enough lines to cover the screen.
Thu Aug 20 20:08:15 1998 Owen Taylor <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* gtk/gtktext.c ([un]draw_cursor): Check to see if we've
computed our geometry yet, and if not, ignore the request.
* gtk/gtktext.c (correct_cache_insert): Fiddled around
some more. All the bug-test codes seem to work at once
now. (fingers crossed...)
Tue Aug 25 16:52:47 1998 Owen Taylor <email@example.com>
* gtk/gtktext.c (recompute_geometry): Make sure the
mark we pass to line start is the beginning of a
real line, not a wrapped one.
Fri Sep 11 15:36:33 1998 Owen Taylor <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* gdk/gdkinputgxi.h (gdk_input_gxi_grab_pointer): Hopefully
now at least compiles again.
* gdk/gdk.c (gdk_event_translate): Don't pass events
on destroyed widgets to the gdk_input layer.
Sat Sep 5 16:01:19 1998 Owen Taylor <email@example.com>
* gdk/gdkinputxfree.h gdk/gdk.c gdk/gdkinputgxi.h:
When the pointer is grabbed on an input window,
either explicitely, or through press-grab, and
then grabbed on a non-input window, ungrab the
Fri Sep 11 15:26:06 1998 Owen Taylor <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* gdk/gdk.c (gdk_event_translate): Don't pass events
for destroyed windows onto gdk_input layer.
Tue Sep 8 12:41:20 1998 Owen Taylor <email@example.com>
* gtk/gtk[hv]paned.c: Use GDK_INVERT instead of GDK_XOR
because we can't assume white pixel has any particular value.
Tue Sep 8 12:38:43 1998 Owen Taylor <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Call XFilterEvent() on events we get for unknown
windows, since it may be the window Xlib uses to
communicate with the IM.
(From Yung-Ching Hsiao <email@example.com>)
Tue Sep 8 02:09:33 PDT 1998 Manish Singh <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* configure.in: added -posix check for NeXTStep
Mon Sep 7 22:20:40 PDT 1998 Manish Singh <email@example.com>
* configure.in: added -std1 check for ANSI compliance
Thu Aug 13 09:11:11 BST 1998 Tony Gale <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Tidy up of the menufactory example from
Andy Kahn <email@example.com>
- New section on Range Widgets from
David Huggins-Daines <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Started a new section on 'Advanced Event and Signal
Handling' - used an email from Owen.
- New appendix on Gdk Event Types
- Added the tictactoe full example code to the
'Code Examples' appendix
* Add the range widgets example. Re-add the text and tree
examples, as cvs has lost them.
Tue Aug 11 20:52:58 1998 Tim Janik <email@example.com>
* gtk/gtktypeutils.c (gtk_type_class_init): relookup nodes after
external functions have been called. also relookup nodes after
this function has been invoked.
Thu Aug 6 22:09:06 CDT 1998 Shawn T. Amundson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* docs/man: new directory for v1.0 man pages
docs/man/gtk_vbox.pod: Beginning of man pages
Tue Aug 4 10:59:19 1998 Owen Taylor <email@example.com>
* gtk/gtktable.[ch]: Empty rows/columns of the table
should not have been marked as being able to shrink.
(Fixes problem with shrinking scrollbarless GIMP canvases)
Mon Aug 3 19:24:48 1998 Owen Taylor <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* gtk/gtktext.c (gtk_text_forward_delete): Undraw the
cursor before (possibly) deleting the cursor's text
* gtk/gtktext.c (correct_cache_delete): More attempts
to clean the line-start cache up after inserting
a property. Among other things, make sure to
fix up text->current_line, since it is used to
refetch the changed lines.
Sun Aug 02 23:09:56 1998 George Lebl <email@example.com>
* gtk/gtkclist.c: draw the buttons during a "draw" as well,
this fixes a bug when the whole widget is made non-sesitive
the buttons weren't redrawn
] [Thread Prev