notebook api a pain...

The notebook API is a pain for certain uses.  In particular, if you
want to keep track of a page you have added, you have to jump through
hoops.  For example, I have an application where I need to add pages
in no particular order, then remove them at random.  There is no real
way to identify a page right now.  :-(

It would be really nice if the functions that add a page to a notebook
would return a handle that could be used to address the page, just like
the gdk_input_add returns a tag.  That tag could be used to manipulate
a page; at the very least a function could convert the tag to a page
number, but it would be more convenient to directly manipulate the
pages via the handle.

michaelkjohnson