Re: Endian portability #defines in GLIB

Quoting Manish Singh (

> This was a feature requested by someone on irc, and I think it's good idea.
> Simply put:
> #define G_BIG_ENDIAN
> #else
> #endif
> in glib.h. WORDS_BIGENDIAN is derived from the built-in autoconf test.
> Just a small, simple addition to enhance glib as a portability lib.

GREAT !! I'm longing for a porting lib for *sooooo* long now :-)
My big dream would be to get rid of configure for every package and
instead use such a library which gives the same interface for anything
which might be below.

Aaron "Optimizer" Digulla             Team AMIGA     AROS Head of Development
Author of XDME, ResTrackLib, CInt.		       <>
"(to) optimize: Make a program faster by improving the algorithms rather than
by buying a faster machine."