Re: Flicker free GtkLabel

Hello Owen,

> It wouldn't be possible to make the GtkLabel flicker-free without
> modifications to the core GTK+ drawing code for flicker free
> drawing. (In the future, it will be possible create a global
> option "draw everything flicker free").

Wouldnt a widget with a window be able to achieve this?  The user
should be aware of the implications of using a GdkWindows for the
label.

In the future when the "draw everything flicker free" code is written
we can make this option a no-op.

btw, would you care to detail what are your plans for implementing
this "flicker free drawing" engine?  I am very interested in this.

> However, once the theme code gets merged into the main branch, I think
> you'll find that flicker for labels is reduced by at least 75%,
> due to some changes in the ordering for redraws. You may find
> that such a thing isn't really necessary.

Ok, I will hold on then.

Miguel.