Re: gimp-egger-981006-1.patch.gz

root@t-online.de writes:

> Hiho!
>
>  Here are some further localisation chnages to the source.
>  I guess I'll only some more years if I continue in this speed :)).
>
>  BTW: I guess some people reading this are also in the GTK team so please:
>       Add some sanity check to gtk_widget_set_sensitive otherwise GIMP
>       will crash when this function gets called with a non existant
>       menuentry which happens very easily at the moment because of
>       the incomplete translation.

Hmmm, I assume that means you are localizing the item factory paths
before calling gtk_item_factory_create_items. I don't think that's the
right way to go about it. The paths to the menu items should not be
localized when they are used as paths. Only the labels that are
created should be localized.

(In fact, I might suggested that the translations should translate
 things like:

 "<main>/File/Close"   =>   "Fermer"

 to keep things simpler, and avoid having to worry about components of
 path being translated differently in different places.)

The path should be marked only in the table (with N_()), and
then there needs to be a localization-hook provided in item factory to
do the translation. (Tim, you suggested this before. Since you're the
ItemFactory guru, perhaps you want to fill in the details?)

That, obviously, is still a yet-to-be-done item, but please
don't mark the paths used for gtk_item_factory_get_widget()
for translation. Those paths should be locale-independent,
and not at the mercy of an incomplete or faulty translation.