Re: Gdk postscript support

Paolo Molaro <lupus@lettere.unipd.it> writes:

> Hi.
> This evening I'm going to commit a few changes to gdk: support for
> custom drawables (with a postcript backend as proof of concept).
> The diff is somewhat big as it includes a few files of the region
> stuff from libX11, so I've put it on
> ftp://ftp.lettere.unipd.it/pub/linux/gtk-ps.gz.

Hi,

Could you make a "readme" for the patch, explaining what is being
changed here and what the patch is meant to do? I really don't like
duplicating all the region stuff from X in GDK, especially as it looks
like a fairly big performance hit for X... Doesn't Postscript already
it's own code for clipping to arbitrary regions? One certainly doesn't
want regions scan converted at screen resolution when one could avoid
it.

> Changes that affect the rest of gdk/gtk are in gdkgc.c: gc keeps
> track of clip rectangles and dash lists now and returns correct
> information for fore/background colors...

Also, I don't think the postscript specific stuff belongs in GDK at
all right now.

There a also few coding style problems with your patch.
(it needs to be:

 if (foo)
  {
    bar();
  }

You've introduced trailing commas into some enumerations, and some
other things).

So could you hold off on committing it for a little bit?

Thanks,