Re: GDate

Havoc Pennington writes:
 > By test, you mean in "testgdate"?

Yes, it's not a big deal.

 > When you say not support MDY, you mean the written form is ambiguous,
 > right?

Yes.

 > The only place this is a problem is when parsing date strings,
 > when either MDY or YMD or some other ordering would all be valid
 > combinations. Ideally I could ask the locale which to prefer - maybe some
 > kind of parsing of strftime output?

Hmm, that would be possible. Output for instance 1996-11-24 in %x
format and look for what order the strings "1996" (or "96"), "11", and
"24" are in the output. Hmm, this breaks if the preferred format uses
month names. (Are there locales that use the Islam or some other
non-Gregorian calendar?)