Re: Moving main loop to GLib.

On Fri, 20 Nov 1998, Jeff Garzik wrote:

> Kenneth Albanowski wrote:
> > [Just one note: my understanding is that select(), and perhaps poll(),
> > will not always return all events that are available. Due to OS
> > features/bugs it may be impossible to rely on any but the first returned
> > descriptor.]
>
> Can you be more specific?
>
> I worked with INN for a couple years on tons of customer platforms -- it
> uses select() very heavily, and select() worked fine on those platforms.

I'm sorry, I don't have the reference to this in front of me: it was a
statement that on some particular OS, the select() return value would not
match the actual number of descriptors ready for I/O. (There are also
undoubtedly differences in whether the descriptor sets are cleared when
select() returns with error or timeout, but that is hopefully easier to
design around.)

If I run across this again, I'll mention it.