GtkText widget with "reflection"

I have patched the GtkText widget to support what I call reflected mode,
which is a simple way of supporting Hebrew and possibly other Right-to-
left (RTL) languages. This is not a perfect solution for RTL language,
which lies in unicode and BiDi (bidirectional) algorithms, but it allows
for supporting quite a big subset of programs.

My patched widget with a test program is available from

    http://imagic.weizmann.ac.il/~dov/pdarchive/gtkrtext.tgz

I have some questions regarding the widget:

* Would it be appropriate to merge my changes into the main Gtk
  development tree, or should I instead keep the widget as an
  independant archive?

* When in reflected mode the keys pressed have to be mapped into
  Hebrew characters. At the moment this mapping is hardwired into the
  program. I would much rather have it being read from the resource
  file. How can I do this?

* I'll probably add a fill algorithm for reformatting paragraphs to
  the widget. Is this a desirable thing?

While I'm at it I wonder about the following:

* Are there any plans of entering paragraph related tags, e.g.
  justification (right, center, left), margins, line spacing, and to be
  able to attach bindings to tags into the text widget?

* How can keyboard bindings be defined in the resource file that
  carries out editing commands?

Regards,

Dov