Re: Exporting the Gtk+ object system to interpreters

Tim Janik <timj@gtk.org> writes:

> in my recent mail to marius, i tried to outline why default handlers
> will never be resetable

You failed.

You listed the differences between default and non-default handlers,
which explain why there is no need to change default handler that are
written in C at run-time.  You did not explain why the Gtk+ code base
cannot copy with replacing a default handler with a compatible
implementation.

> so there's no reason to worry about destroy notification for that
> case.

But that was not even my main argumentation for having a destroy
notification.  Why are we having this discussion for such a long time,
Tim?  Because I'm talking nonsense or because you do not pay
attention?

- Marius

--
GTK: Teen-Age Wind