Re: GNOME CVS: glib sopwith

Hi,

> Even if -fstack-check worked as advertised, it would provide no benefits -
> programs are written to either get resources they request or abort(), and
> it is especially useless to do checking on stacks, which are used
> implicitly by many operations (such as simple function calls). Programs
> compiled with -fstack-check will crash slowly. Programs compiled without
> -fstack-check will crash faster. Oh wow, I guess I need to specify
> -fstack-check.
>
> If people find that they need it, nothing is stopping them from specifying
> it themselves.

If the situation is, that -fstack-check is broken on some platforms, than
the benefits indeed are not worth the hassle. So we could live without
them, actually I CTRL-S'ed through the egcs info-pages for 'thread' to
find out, what the compiler would want to have as an option, but anyway.

Bye,
Sebastian

--
Sebastian Wilhelmi                   |            här ovanför alla molnen
mailto:wilhelmi@ira.uka.de           |      är himmlen så förunerligt blå